Wednesday, November 30, 2011

butt man

Hi!! I'm cigarette BUTT-MAN not to be confused with the butt man character Cramer portrayed in Seinfeld!!!
      I’ve been collecting butts in the car park for a few days now as part of my community service program, this is my punishment for doing something stupid and getting another dui. 
     I have been here before and obviously didn’t learn anything   Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  Albert  Einstein  theory.
      I was a believer in Darwin myself and the evolution theory, believing that I was the part of the link where man drinks more and more and develops a liver that can process all the alcohol it would take to keep me happy permanently.
    Although drink has been a problem, it cannot be blamed as being the only culprit.  I was looking to find a positive out of all this and found walking around the car park could be seen as an exercise session and aid to my healthy recovery.
      I spent a lot of time with those butts out there in the car park, analyzing how they got there and who was responsible.   A lot of the butts were where you would expect them, in the ash trays on the tables and ash trays around the front of the building. In the bins came second an equally good choice. However third came on the floor around the tables within a six foot radius of the ash trays and bins. Fourth came the grassy areas and bushes within twelve feet of the trays and bins, fifth the car park floor around the front of the building. It then seemed to fan out and get to be around all other cars parked in the car park fairly close to the building. I tried to analyze brands ,styles, amount left, connect the makes with the style of cars or owner, for instance marlbourgh equaled F250 or truck, all menthol could be a Prius hybrid, camel could be a recovering narcotic as they  are so strong it’s an attempt to get a buzz off a cigarette. The cigars were matched with the more exotic bmw, porche,  jag rolls or the like. 
      My other thought was that some people MAYBE had parked further away so as to be able to light up  and walk to the car having time to finish it. This was also linked to  part of my research on the nearly still complete butt leftover. The part of the car park down by the entrance on lake ida furthest from the front door was like virgin territory , I called this area the shires after lord of the rings where Frodo lived. Here I could have my zen moment , however butts were found here in limited numbers,
    I thought WHO!!  Were these people that they walked so far, it was the conflict of EXERCISE and smoking a cigarette then dumping the evidence.
      I was surely starting to over think all this BUTT STUFF!!!
BUT NO!!  it goes deeper ,this is part of the problem , it may even be the start of it all. 
     I’ve been there, I have thrown the butt and said to myself biodegradable  what the heck, it’s much easier than putting it in the ash tray. The next step is the sweet wrapper,the cigarette packet, the burger wrapper, I progressed to tax evasion instead of avoidance, smuggle instead of import, steal instead of buy, drive drunk instead of taxi.
      President OBAMA got in a lot of trouble for saying this about the American people the other day he said we were lazy.
 I HAD GOT LAZY and the laziness spread and impregnated my whole life, it was like the butterfly effect, the chain reaction spread like wildfire and there was no controlling it.
      There could be a lot of people out there with this same problem and they don’t even know it!!!!!!!!!!! So KICK that BUTT not through that BUTT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment